Frequently Asked Questions
A. Frequently Asked Questions:
D. How to:
1. Why does not my host allow cronjobs?
Some hosting providers do not accept cronjobs because they can overload the server. Cronjobs are usually offered with expensive hosting plans.
2. How much does it cost to run a cron on onlinecronjobs.com?
You do not have to pay anything because it's free. All you have to do is register!.
3. Are there any restrictions?
- You can add maximum of 5 crons.
- It's forbidden to use onlinecronjobs.com to simulate clicks.
4. What is OpenId?
OpenID is an open, decentralized user identification standard, allowing users to log onto many services with the same digital identity.
1. Why do I have to add a domain?
You have to add a domain and activate it in order to verify that the scripts will be running on your own website and not somebody else's.
2. My site address is: http://www.somehost.com/~myusername. What can I do?
Send us an email to support[at]onlinecronjobs.com and we will activate your domain manually.
3. How many domains can I add?
You can add as many domains as you want, but you have to activate them all using our verification system.
4. I tried to activate my domain but it was disabled. Why?
Pursuant to an excessive number of failed activations, the domain will be disabled for security reasons. For more information or manual activation send us an email to support[at]onlinecronjobs.com.
5. My host does not accept .txt files. How can I activate my account?
Send us an email to support[at]onlinecronjobs.com for manual activation.
1. How many cronjobs can I add?
You can add a maximum of 5 cronjobs.
2. Who disabled my cronjob?
After 3 consecutive failed executions your cron is disabled automatically.
3. My script takes many seconds to execute. What can I do to not receive an error?
If your script takes more than 3 seconds, you have to uncheck "Log result" to not receive an error again.
4. Why do I get the error "Found"?
You get it if the script you are trying to run redirects to another page. Redirection is not allowed
5. I get an error on execution and I don't know what it means.
The errors you get are HTTP Response codes. More detailed information can be found at here.
6. Why was my script was executed later than it was set?
If our server is down when your script should be executed, it will be executed as soon as our server is up again.
7. Why does it return only a part of the response?
The maximum response log file is 5kb.
1. How can I create a database backup in php?
You can use this code:
* Database Backup
// use this function if your script is running for long time
// and uncheck logging when you create the cron
$host = 'localhost'; //must be edited
$username = 'username'; //must be edited
$password = 'password'; //must be edited
$database = 'database_name'; //must be edited
$path = '/home/myuser/backups/'; //must be edited
$filename = $database.'_'.date('Y-m-d_H:i:s').'.gz';
$backup = $path.$filename;
$backup_command = "mysqldump --opt -h $host -u $username -p$password $database | gzip > $backup";
if(exec($backup_command)=='' && file_exists($backup))
echo "Backup succesfuly created";
echo "Error creating backup";